The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) required the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to develop regulations protecting the privacy and security of certain health information.1 To fulfill this requirement, HHS published what are commonly known as the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule. The Privacy Rule, or Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, establishes national standards for the protection of certain health information. The Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Protected Health Information (the Security Rule) establish a national set of security standards for protecting certain health information that is held or transferred in electronic form. The Security Rule operationalizes the protections contained in the Privacy Rule by addressing the technical and non-technical safeguards that organizations called “covered entities” must put in place to secure individuals’ “electronic protected health information” (e-PHI). Within HHS, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has responsibility for enforcing the Privacy and Security Rules with voluntary compliance activities and civil money penalties.
Here at Diriga Technologies, we take pride in the level of commitment we take in protecting our clients IT environments. Diriga has a plethora of Cybersecurity solutions to help your keep patients data safe and secure. HIPAA compliance demands that you protect patient data. Any failure to do so can cost you a fortune.
- Identify and assess cybersecurity threats
- Protect assets from cyber intrusions
- Detect when their systems and assets have been compromised
- Plan for the response when a compromise occurs
- Implement a plan to recover lost, stolen or unavailable assets
- Ransomware & Virus Protection
Protecting investors means protecting their data, too. Drigia Technologies supports firms in establishing a cybersecurity program to:
- Local and Off-Site Cloud Backups
- Screenshot Verification Process
- Backups are tested regularly
- Recover from total site loss with minimal downtime
- Restore operations after an attack with minimal downtime